The season is here, oh my God, oh my God. And with that, you need to listen to today's podcast to prep you for tonight. It's only right. And I can't urge you enough to listen, because from the first second, you're going to be jolted into college hoops mode. That isn't empty promises or hyperbole. Just click the player and you'll know what I mean.
Mike Miller of NBCSports.com and Beyond the Arc is one of the nicest guys in the business. He deserves more run, and I was happy to have him back on the podcast. We chatted last night while stealing peeks at that awesome Ravens-Steelers game.
- From the beginning: If this doesn't give you a Pavlovian response and giddyness to the start of the college basketball season, I don't want you inside my podcast.
- 2:00: Mike lives out in the lovely city of Seattle, which is where Pearl Jam originated. And the band recently celebrated its 20-year anniversary. So we pretty much had to spend some time talking Vedder and Co.
- 9:45: Which mid-major conferences and teams haven't gotten enough run this preseason? Mike's got some love for Belmont, the WCC and others.
- 14:20: Goodman had his piece on the 2011-12 breakout players. But he missed a few good ones. Mike names three guys who certainly qualify and are promising in that regard. Love his second choice.
- 20:50: I didn't want to let the weekend pass and the season start without addressing this again. Deserves some conversation, even when we're excited to get the games going.
- 25:33: Chuck Klosterman wrote about his 50 favorite players and titled it the 50 Greatest College Basketball Players of All Time. We poke and prod, but don't really dispute, much of what he had. Fun discussion and a trip down memory lane.
- 33:48: Wrap-up talk about bloggy stuff, the season ahead, etc.