Thrilled to have Jay come back on the podcast to talk. What do we talk about? Well, let's get right to it.
- From the beginning: Bilas was at that UNC-Virginia Tech game Thursday night, so we lead off with the Heels winning, why they have that on/off switch, and the biggest difference he saw last night. That difference between something UNC did more of in one game than all others he's seen on tape.
- 5:56: The Big East is, not a mess, but it's a mystery, certainly. Cinci the second-best team right now? I think so. What does Jay make of the 16-team league?
- 8:50: Syracuse and Murray State are undefeated. Should they lose a game? Does it benefit teams to drop one prior to March? This is a question that will only get amplified if both teams are flawless heading into February. We get into the Murray State story more and more, too.
- 15:48: A complete change of gears: What's wrong with college basketball? Why is scoring so down? Why is the game over-coached? Why is the NBA a better, more fluid game than college? This is my favorite part of the podcast, by far.
- 24:13: Bilas is in Pittsburgh for GameDay. The Panthers host Louisville Saturday, and so I wanted to know -- what goes into those productions? We talk a little about the game, but he also opens the hood on the travel, meetings, prep for the show, which I figured listeners might be interested in. I'm sad to report that not one rap lyric was uttered throughout the course of this podcast, or if it was, I completeley missed it. I hope that's the case.
Continued thanks from me to you for keep coming back and listening. Please: spread the word. Hoops season is ramping up, and I'd love more hate mail. Spread this page and the iTunes subscription link to anyone you'd think would like this sort of think. We post three times per week, with the Wednesday show being a low-rent sitcom wannabe of a half hour, thanks to CBSSports.com national writers Gary Parrish and Jeff Goodman Skyping in their opinions. The RSS feed is another way to keep the podcasts coming to you ASAP. We've got a Zune download link as well.