Diverting from the thrice-weekly schedule to get in a quickie podcast with CBS Sports' Clark Kellogg today. Clark's one of the nicest guys in the business, truly; it was an honor to get him on, even if his appearance had to be brief.
Clark's doing a lot of radio touring today to promote the Capital One Cup. You can learn about it by listening to me stumble over copy near the start of the podcast. Or you can go here to learn more. It was a quick but fun podcast. Hope I can get him on again soon for the LP version instead of the EP.
- From the beginning: Capital One Cup, the mandatory plug. It's just how some of the business works, people.
- 2:13: Have to talk Carrier Classic one more time on the podcast, what it means for the sport, how cool it is, etc.
- 3:57: The biggest things on his mind right now. Man's got measured opinions. I respect that, even if I can't identify with it.
- 6:30 Clark won't be on TV this year until the Dec. 3 game, the biggie, UNC at UConn. So what will he do until then? He takes us into his life in Columbus, Ohio, and how he scouts teams.
- 8:39: Clark's under-the-radar teams. He actually throws out a shocker here. One I haven't heard anyone bring up yet.
- 11:31: And the players who aren't getting a lot of pub right now -- call 'em breakouts, sure -- Clark's got a few to talk about.