Over the next two weeks, I'll be bringing on some of the prominent names in college basketball blogging. Consider it the laid-back season primer for you. We'll discuss plenty about what we're looking forward to with this season, but also touch on other topics outside of hoops, as well as get into some ridiculous banter/argument sessions over things that are completely essential to the nature of this podcast's existence.
Really looking forward to that. Today, ESPN.com national hoops blogger Eamonn Brennan came on to talk about the following:
- From the beginning: Blogtalk spectacular! How we spent our weekend and what we've done in October to prepare for the season. Riveting conversation, especially on my end.
- 7:23: How to enjoy/cover/watch the 24-hour hoops marathon, as well as how strenuous the conference realignment talk is for us poor, poor writers. Again: edge-of-your-seat audio.
- 12:00: Definitive arguments re: why the NBA lockout means good things for college basketball.
- 17:05: What teams are we most curious about? Who is the most unpredictable? Memphis and Missouri are very much discussed.
- 23:00: What teams are we most confident in? I pick Alabama.
- 30:00: Music! E.B. loves him some Rihanna. He sings. He tries to sing. Highlight of the podcast right here.
- 34:08: Since I'm joining the iPhone brigade at week's end, I ask Eamonn for his app advice. You can tweet me if you'd like, too.
As a reminder, from now through the end of the season, we'll be delivering three podcasts per week to you. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays is when you can find the new episodes. Get in the habit of listening. You can subscribe on iTunes. Or the RSS feed. Or, if you're one of those with a Zune, yeah we've got you covered, too.